Not so much
has really gone on Frisbee wise for me over the last three weeks. Mean while the club has been playing open and women's ultimate. The results are not so important in these tournaments, more that the club enjoys themselves, after all that is what it is all about; having fun.
I however have shunned the Frisbee world, instead ushering at my friend, Rob's wedding. It was a good weekend, check out the photos. I have some too, but will set up a flicker account or something and post them there. It was good to be with my old friends. That is one of the deals with Frisbee and how we play on one off weekend events. If you become too involved then it can destroy your social life. Currently there is a tournament almost every weekend. How can I do cultural stuff, like go to the Opera (Turandot at the Royal Opera House, very good except Turandot was a chubster chubber), see friends and still play the complete season. I can't.
It is a real shame, I have missed more tournaments this year than played. I am of the opinion that this is not necessarily my fault, it is more the fault of the illustrious UK Ultimate Association (check out their shit website that has not been updated since 2005 and compare it with the UPA website which is full to the brim with the latest results and stuff) ... where was I ... oh yeah, there are too many tournaments (UKUA's fault) and too much emphasis on every team attending them all (the ultimate comunities fault, not my fault). I would like to see clubs spring up that only play mixed. Ultimate players need to get away from having a life that revolves around the one sport. Get out and have an off season. I am planning this, I think I will take up biking. You shall find me heaving my single speed around the New Forrest, hmmm.
Well, enough of that. I don't really have much else to blog about.. anyone know how to use a Runga-Kutta Cash-Karp routine to solve an advection equation with a source within the time step solution from the Petrov-Ghalerkin Finite Element solver routine. If so pop round to my office tomorrow and we can go chuck a disc as that would be way more fun.
Laters
I however have shunned the Frisbee world, instead ushering at my friend, Rob's wedding. It was a good weekend, check out the photos. I have some too, but will set up a flicker account or something and post them there. It was good to be with my old friends. That is one of the deals with Frisbee and how we play on one off weekend events. If you become too involved then it can destroy your social life. Currently there is a tournament almost every weekend. How can I do cultural stuff, like go to the Opera (Turandot at the Royal Opera House, very good except Turandot was a chubster chubber), see friends and still play the complete season. I can't.
It is a real shame, I have missed more tournaments this year than played. I am of the opinion that this is not necessarily my fault, it is more the fault of the illustrious UK Ultimate Association (check out their shit website that has not been updated since 2005 and compare it with the UPA website which is full to the brim with the latest results and stuff) ... where was I ... oh yeah, there are too many tournaments (UKUA's fault) and too much emphasis on every team attending them all (the ultimate comunities fault, not my fault). I would like to see clubs spring up that only play mixed. Ultimate players need to get away from having a life that revolves around the one sport. Get out and have an off season. I am planning this, I think I will take up biking. You shall find me heaving my single speed around the New Forrest, hmmm.
Well, enough of that. I don't really have much else to blog about.. anyone know how to use a Runga-Kutta Cash-Karp routine to solve an advection equation with a source within the time step solution from the Petrov-Ghalerkin Finite Element solver routine. If so pop round to my office tomorrow and we can go chuck a disc as that would be way more fun.
Laters


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home